On April 17, 2013 the distinguished gentlemen of Phi Sigma Chi, walked along side students of New York City College of Technology in the fight against date rape and violence against women. Date rape affects one in every four people, there are several things you can do to protect yourself when you are dating:
- Do not let alcohol or other drugs decrease or interfere with your ability to take care of yourself and make sensible decisions.
- Do not accept beverages from someone you don’t know and trust. Always watch your drink and never leave it unattended, at any time.
- Follow your instincts. If a place or the way your date acts makes you nervous or uneasy, get out. If you need to call a friend to escort you home, don’t hesitate to do so.
- Check out a first date or a blind date with friends. Meet in and go to public places. Don’t leave a social event with someone you have just met or don’t know well.
- Carry money for a phone call or taxi, or, better yet, take your own car.